Author Topic: Bluetooth a2dp support for arduino |ESP32  (Read 864 times)

TheLazyTinkerer

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bluetooth a2dp support for arduino |ESP32
« on: January 25, 2018, 06:51:28 PM »
Hello Makers
     So today I was trying to port the example code a2dp sink (ESP32 acts as a bluetooth speaker) from esp idf to make it work in Arduino IDE. because for me using Arduino IDE was much more convinient than esp-idf through command line or Eclipse IDE
     So for who don't know esp-idf. Basically ESDP_IDF always runs behind the scene when you're programming you ESP32 using eclipse or arduino. ESP-IDF is like how AVRDUDE runs behind the scenes while programming AVR microcontrollers.
     What I've found that the libraries i.e. components folder in esp-idf and sdk folder from Arduino\hardware\espressif\esp32\tools\sdk  have same files. So this led me to try to port a2dp sink code to arduino.
I will continue this post later

BlackByte

• Administrator
  • Welcome to TMF Station - Greetings
    • View Profile
    • The Byte Space
Re: Bluetooth a2dp support for arduino |ESP32
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 05:12:48 AM »
If i untherstand what you are trying to do is to use an APP that runs in the Native IDE for the ESP32(ECLIPSE) wich uses the API (Espressif IotDevelopmentFramework 'ESP-IDF')
and load that APP in ARDUINO IDE (Third Party IDE) who has his own Development Kit (Arduino-ESP32) wich is 'i supouse' adapted from the original 'ESP-IDF'.
All because that APP (a2dp) does not exist for ARDUINO IDE, and you donīt fill confort with ECLIPSE. Am i right? Well i found this, maybe you will get some usefull info https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/issues/660 . Hope you can success with that and learn something important. Good Luck.
"We will get all in life if we help other people to get what they want"
Admin of http://www.thebytespace.cl & TMForum  - Electronic engineer who loves programming - From Santiago de Chile metropolitan region - Making myself entrepreneur - Making presence in social networks - Thebytespace on INSTAGRA